Client Name: Guys & St. Thomas’ NHS Trust
Client’s Business: Guy’s Hospital is a large NHS large teaching hospital in the borough of Southwark in Central London. The Tower Wing (formerly known as Guy’s Tower) is the tallest hospital building in the world, standing at 142.6m  with 34 floors
Location: Guy’s Hospital – Southwark, London
MPE Role: Principal Contractor
Brief Scope of Works:
In accordance with the CDM Regulations 2007 MPE was employed as Principal Contractor to supply and install ancillary services, plant and equipment to support the installation of a new high efficiency, packaged water, cooled Chiller for Guy’s & St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTT) at Guy’s Hospital, London.
Works comprised the:
- Installation 11kV/400V 1.25MVA Step Down Transformer
- Supply and Installation of LV Switchboard
- Supply and Installation of Pumps and associated Pipe work
- Re-commissioning of existing 11kV OCCB and Protection
- 11kV, 400V Intertrip and Transformer Cabling
- Testing and Commissioning
- Provision of O&M Manuals and “As Fitted” information.
Provision of Safety File information in accordance with CDM Regulations 2007